A big mistake many people make when trying to lose weight is starving themselves, during their weight loss journey.
Unknown to them, everything is all about flexible dieting.
For example, 100g of meat contains 143 calories, but 100g of cabbage contains only 25 calories.
A person that eats only 100g of meat, will feel hungry throughout the day, whereas a person that eats 500g of cabbages, will feel full and at the same time has eaten less than the person that ate 100g of meat.
For this reason, incorporating vegetables into a weight loss meal plan, will help the individual tremendously:
- The person, wouldn’t be hungry all the time, and so will find it easier to see the diet plan through.
- Vegetables boost the immune system of people.
- The body burns more calories, in digesting vegetables than, hence the person actually loses more weight just by eating vegetables.
- The fibers in vegetables help and aids in cleansing the colon, thereby improving the overall health of the individual.
Recently, when trying to lose weight, I stumbled on the cabbage soup recipe online, and many people sang praises, about it, and how it was the surest way to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time.
Now, i am a fairly good cook, so it wasn’t that i didn’t cook the cabbage soup, good enough.
But after cooking it, the soup turned out horrendous and was extremely unpalatable to me.
But for benefit of doubt, invited two friends of mine who were good cooks, and gave them the recipe, to prepare.
Needless, to say, the cabbage soup they prepared, was worse than mine.
As such, after much tinkering, I came up with my own twist and take on the cabbage soup, although technically, this is not, cabbage soup, but stir-fried cabbage.
This recipe comes in handy when you just want to lose tons of fats in a short amount of time.
Or perhaps because you want to attend an event or tone down your body for an upcoming date.
This rapid weight loss recipe can guarantee you losing 10 – 15 pounds in a week if you follow it to the letter.
Note: Rapid weight loss, is not medically advisable, and this weight loss technique should only be used as a last resort, in the advent that you have no other choice.
- 5 tables spoon of palm oil (600 calories)
- 1 big onion (40 calories)
- Garlic powder 100g (331 calories)
- 1 big cabbage (307 calories)
- 2 eggs (155 calories each, 310 calories total).
- 4 seasoning cubes (negligible)
- Pepper (negligible)
- 2 pots
- Using one of the pots, boil the eggs, and let it be hard-boiled eggs.
- Chop up the cabbages, onions, and peppers.
- Put the other pot and allow it to heat up.
- When the pot is fairly hot
- Pour 5 tablespoon of the red oil into the hot pot (pan).
- Pour the chop up onions and peppers into the hot oil and allow it to sizzle for 2 – 5 minutes.
- When the onions and peppers are fairly tender, pour in the chopped up cabbages.
- Stir fry the cabbages for 30 seconds.
- Add it a pinch of salt and the seasoning.
- Stir fry for another minute.
- Serve the cabbage sauce with rice and eat till you are filled up.
Ideal Daily Routine
For the greatest effect the cabbage diet, should be incorporated with some simple and light exercises.
The two most effective weight loss exercises are squats and leg raises.
- Leg Raises: Leg targets the entire core muscles of an individual. Engaging in this exercise regularly, will tighten the core of the individual, and builds and strengthens the back.
- Squats: Squats is a full-body workout, that targets back, legs, and arm muscles.