Sugar has many side effects, as such, it isn’t peculiar that many people are looking for how to quit sugar.
Below, I outline a detailed step program, to see this dream into reality.
Types of Sugar
Sugar types are mostly confused with kinds of sugar. Below I give you the many types of sugar:
- Fructose (a sugar found in fruits)
- Lactose (a sugar found in milk)
- Sucrose (mostly found in sugarcane and sugarbeet)
- Glucose (simplest form of sugar)
- Galactose (also found in milk)
Kinds of Sugar
Kinds of sugars are listed below:
- Caster sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- Cane sugar (brown sugar)
- Turbinado sugar
- Pearl sugar
- Sanding sugar
- Demerara sugar
- Muscovado sugar
How does sugar affect the body?
Sugar is an energy giving food and falls under the carbohydrate classes of food.
Unfortunately, the extraction of sugar occurs, which changes it from its natural state.
As such, the body has little way of coping with it.
Negative effects of sugar?
Some of the negative side effects of sugar include:
- Weight gain
- Feeds bacteria
- Feeds fungi
How to quit sugar addiction
Like every addiction, a gradual and systematic approach has to be put in place, for there to be any chance of quitting your sugar addiction.
- Know that quitting sugar is a gradual process and should not be rushed.
- Start by substituting your regular foods with honey.
Now some people don’t like the taste of honey, but so is everything good.
Humans in general, hate everything that can better their lives, like vegetables, and fruits, but prefer things that can damage their lives, like laziness, and whatnots.
As such, you have to force yourself to begin liking the taste of honey.
- Anytime you have sugar cravings, drink lots and lots of water. This helps in negating your sugar appetite.
- Make sure you are always full at all times, so you are not tempted to start consuming sugar.
- Also, substitute sugar, for meat.
- Avoid, taking meals that force you to use sugar, which causes you to go overboard.
- Avoid taking carbonated drinks that contain a ridiculous amount of sugar.
- Start taking honey lemonades, and fruit smoothies, which contain very little amount of sugar.
- Finally, I want you to realize that sugar in itself isn’t a bad thing. Because sugar is present in all types of food.
The only bad thing about sugar is when you cannot control the amount of sugar you take, and we all know that too much of everything is bad.
As such, it is not how you quit sugar, but how you moderate your consumption of sugar, that is your problem.