Nobody will admit been broke, but you are hence why you are reading how to make a home gym without money.
In this post, I show you how to make some simple home gym materials that will help you lose weight, and not pay your hard earned money.
1. Skipping ropes
Skipping rope, also known as jumping ropes or jump ropes is a length of rope used for skipping.
Used by boxers and athletes to improve leg strength, it is a good calorie burner, and it very cheap to make for your own home gym.
- Look for any extension power chord, or unused house wiring.
- Cut it to side.
- Break a stick into two equal parts.
- Tie each stick to the ends of the chord.
- Viola, you have a home made skipping rope.
Dumbells are the most common gym equipments.
Essentially, a dumbbell is a short bar with a weight at each end, used typically in pairs for exercise or muscle-building.
Also, it can be manufactured easily in the house by sand filling pillowcases and lifting the heavy pillowcase.
- Get two pillowcases and a sellotape.
- Fill it with sand
- Tie the pillowcase edge, with sellotape.
- Use your new dumbells.
Barbells is a long metal bar to which discs of varying weights are attached at each end, used for weightlifting.
The procedure for making a home barbell is very similar to that of making the dumbells.
Essentially, it entails looking for a strong durable rod, and sand filling two pillowcases and attaching the sand filled pillowcase to the edge of the rods.
- Take two pillowcases.
- Look for a small bucket.
- Look for a mop stick of a strong rod.
- Fill each pillowcase with sand.
- Tie each sand-filled pillowcase, to the edges of the rod.
- Use your new home barbells.
A bench is useful in any gym as it aids when doing compound reps of chest workouts.
Fortunately, benches are common in most homes, and can easily be converted to gym equipment.
- Grab any bench or table in your house.
- Viola you have a new bench.
5. Training Belt
A training belt is an essiential for serious gym goers.
Essentially, it reduces stress on the lower back while the person is lifting in an upright position, and it prevents back hyperextension during overhead lifts.
Also, a belt reduces low back stress by compressing the contents of the abdominal cavity.
- Look for a long piece of cloth, like curtains, wrappers, or even a long shirt.
- Tie the piece of cloth around your waist.
- Now you have a durable and easy to make training belt.